We are having problems with the school phone lines. If you need to get in contact with us please email: email@example.com
Benefit Led Free School Meals
We understand that everyone is having to adjust and cope with significant changes to normal life now and these include financial changes. The free school meal situation is confusing because there are 2 types; Universal and benefits led. The DfE are only offering help for benefit-led free school meals and have asked schools to make their own arrangements to provide this service during term time. We have been making up food parcels and delivering them each week. The new ‘voucher’ scheme that has been launched is to help schools to provide food parcels although we are being encouraged to carry on with our individual approach if we can.
Please see the eligibility criteria below. This applies to all children, whatever their year group.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
• Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
• Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get
Therefore, to apply or for further information visit: www.essex.gov.uk/free-school-meals if your child is year 3 or above.
For children in year 2,1 or Reception, please contact Mrs Pitts and Mrs Nichols directly on firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to show proof of eligibility from a benefits confirmation letter or other such document.
We are investigating an online checker available from the DfE but this needs organising and setting up. We will let you know as and when this is available.
Beware of scams.
There are a number of scam websites that offer families advice, guidance and eligibility checking but are also requesting financial and banking details. We advise families not to use any of these websites.
Mrs Jinnie Nichols
Coronavirus Update 18.03.2020
We are preparing for home learning and the prospect of closure is likely. Please see the latest letter which sets out an email address for each teacher and a list of websites and resources. Each teacher has put together a ‘home pack’ of work for everyone which will be posted on the class page.
If school has to be closed we will stay in touch with children and try to keep a good routine going as best we can.
Mrs Nichols and the class team.
home learning letter to parents 18.03.2020 (1)